Monday, October 3, 2016

New Mexico State Fair

Even though all of my coworkers said it wasn't really very exciting, Josh and I decided that we should go to the NM state fair at least once.  It was definitely good people watching, and we got to eat some interesting local fare, but I don't know that we'll go back next year.  My favorite part was the green chile cheese burger that was deep fried in funnel cake batter... I know it sounds kind of disgusting, but it was surprisingly yummy!  And they have a beer brewed especially for the fair every year!  Unfortunately you had to stay in a designated, fenced in area to enjoy your adult beverages, which probably was one of the major shortcomings of the fair.





They also had a little zoo area with lots of cute baby animals, so that was fun for me :)  Sadly it was kind of dark so I didn't get a lot of good pics but here are a few of the ones that came out okay...





2 comments:

  1. Where's the picture of that funnel cake burger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to take a picture before we devoured it! But don't worry, it just looked like a pile of fried dough so nothing exciting anyway :)

      Delete