Sunday, August 14, 2016

First day of work!!!

I finally got to have my very first day as a PA-C!  I'm working at an allergy, asthma, and immunology practice called Breathe America (check the website again in a month or two for my photo and professional profile!).  Bailey was excited to help me get ready for my first day (with my super snazzy full length white coat!)...



The sunrise was gorgeous on my way to the office on day one...



And here's my office!  I'm so fancy, my name is already on my office door!





The first week was really good overall.  Everyone has been very friendly and welcoming, and I feel like I'm starting to catch on to the electronic medical record, which is probably the steepest part of the learning curve.  I'm excited to keep learning and getting more comfortable at my new work home :)  I even wrote my first prescription as an actual provider (it was for an Epi-Pen)!  Now I just have to continue training while we wait for my credentialing to be completed (this involves getting all of the different insurance companies to agree to pay for my services and typically takes several months).

No comments:

Post a Comment