Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Texas seems to have a theme... (Austin Part II)

And that theme is food!  We had a great dinner on our second night in Austin and then did a little exploring of the University of Texas campus with Rachel and Jason.  And of course we had to have some personalized ice cream sandwiches to continue the food/overeating theme of our trip through Texas...





The next morning we visited the amazing dog park island again before trying out the second highest rated BBQ in Austin at La Barbecue.  All of the great BBQ places in Austin seem to be semi-permanent food trucks with outdoor picnic areas, which is great because the dogs can hang out, but also REALLY hot!

     

We tried the same three essentials at this place: brisket, pulled pork, and sausage.  All of it was delicious again, but I think the pulled pork was both Josh and my favorite.  We had some Chipotle slaw and potato salad to round out the unhealthiness.  And in case anyone was wondering, Dave's brisket still wins as the best we've had :)

Spoiler alert:  WE ARE IN ALBUQUERQUE NOW!  I'm behind on the blog because we (by we I mean Comcast) are having trouble getting our internet set up.  I had to make a trip to Starbucks to do some stuff online for work (which starts in 5 days!) so I decided to do a quick post while I'm here.  HOPEFULLY we will have internet at home tomorrow and I can tell you all about Dallas, Roswell, and our new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment